serial port(COM) and FC2

Hello there,
I'm novice at this group and I'd like to say HI to all of you.

I'm writing this post because I've got a little problem.
I plugged to serial port(COM, RS 232) MIDI module "Sound Canvas 88VL"
but my FC2 doesn't "see" this one (musical module, of course).What
should I do in this case? What should be steps in turn?
 THX for you response, some tips and suggestions in advance.
                                                 Bemol
                                                 Poland