Virtual Users

Hi, this one has been killing me for months now
I hve a litle machine running fc3 that I wan to setup as a server with virtual domains. apach is no problem for this, but I am having trouble with exim, docevot/cyrus and vsftpd.
I did at one point have it working by copying a workign exim config from a cpanel server...but this is not desired and now doesn't work anyway. I really need some help, I've searched for howtos but to no avail.
I really need to be able to....have exim handle multiple domains and place the emails in the domain owners home dir. Ie each domain is associated with a system user. and people can login to a pop3/imap web interface, and via 25,110 with the format
pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx
and receive their mail.
ftp is a problem to but I have seen that proftp seems to give a better solution than vs.
Please help :(
Pete