Re: FC3 - I'm anything but dissapointed

On 01/13/2005 08:20:36 PM, Johnathan Bailes wrote:

There is an issue with the mini I believe that the gtkpod page has a bit on that near the bottom. Sorry to hear that.

The issue you are referring to I believe is with USB (and also with 4G iPods) - requiring a kernel recompile to work over usb. I'm using firewire - and it works just fine, except the occasional have to plug it in twice (hard drive spinup time??) to get it recognized, and the do not disconnect message once it is connected, mounted or not.

It's not *that* big of an issue, I set things up to mount through autofs instead of through hal, so it is only mounted when gtkpod is running and talking to it - and is quickly unmounted when gtkpod no longer is talking to it. So I just don't unplug it when I'm syncing and it's fine.