Re: Nervious wannabe new user asks for advice.

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 13:46 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:

> > Windows all the time.  I realize windows users are used to booting their
> > systems several times a day ;) but this just increase down time for them
> > when they want to do something in linux.
> >
> > I feel the whole idea of having a computer is to get some task or work
> > done, not spend time futzing with it and rebooting every hour or two.
> > Getting something productive done should be the goal.
> >

> I turn off power to any machine that is not being used or used as a
> server. There is no point is wasting 200-500 watts for a computer to
> sit in idle mode.  California would be better financial condition if
> its people had just thrown the switch during the power crisis!
>
> [snip]

   ...not to mention trying to turn it into a Communist state, with
everything run by the government.

    OOPS!  Unintentional flamewar.  Sorry- I take it back.
Brian FahrlÃnder                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller