Sound Blaster Live FC2 Issue

Hi All,

Ok we are having another problem with the same computer in my post
about the CD drives... Anyway this time the sound card does not work.
It is a Sound Blaster Live and it got detected on OS install time and
the modules are loaded at bootup but no sound is played. We have tried
to do the automatic sound card detection but nothing is played when
you try to test it said can't open output file /dev/dsp does not
exist.

We went so far as to d/l and install a vanilla kernel 2.6.10 to no
avail. Can someone help us figure out what else we can do?

Thank-you,
Ryan