Re: mono users

On Jan 12, 2005, at 9:31 AM, Jonathan Berry wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:56:53 -0500, jim lawrence <fedorajim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi all, does anyone know which rpms need to be installed in order to use mono?
here is a list of rpms i downloaded....
<snip>

if someone could point me into the right direction, it would be great!!
jim lawrence

HI Jim, Dag has Mono (that is, his repo has the package : )). Looks like it is the 1.0.5 version that you have downloaded, see http://dag.wieers.com/packages/mono/ Just setup his repository (see http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B if you don't have it set up yet), and do a "yum install mono". Or if you prefer apt, run whatever command you need to install it with apt. This way, all the dependencies are taken care of.

There's even a mono-complete. I had trouble getting monodevelop to run until I installed it.