FC3 upgrade with fglrx rpm installed

    I am wondering if there are any tricks which will allow
me to upgrade a machine from FC2 to FC3 with the ATI fglrx
rpm installed. I know the libGL of fglrx conflicts with the
one in Xorg's rpms so I normally have to use --replacefiles
to get either rpm installed. How can one deal with such
conflicts during a normal upgrade install? Or should I remove
the fglrx rpm (reverting to the stock radeon xorg driver)
before attempting the upgrade?
                 Jack