Re: windows to read LVM partitions

My question was to be able to read a Linux partition that is LVM in a dual boot situation from XP. By default, windows will see the partition and give it a drive letter but shows nothing, so I was wondering if there is an app that can be installed (like I've done in the past to read ext3 partitions), that will enable windows to read the LVM partition. I currently unassign the drive letter because that could lead a user to format the drive thinking there is nothing there, this was it doesnt show up at all. I've searched all over and found nothing out there that will enable windows to read an LVM partition. Read only would be just fine too because on the Linux side I have the NTFS partition of windows as read-only as well. As long as both sides are read-only, data can be transferred.