Re: FC 3 Upgrade !!!

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 12:43 +0530, Harikumar Krishnan wrote:
> Hey friends..
>                     It seems to me that Fedora Core cant be upgraded
> by booting from the CD.

What do you mean by "upgraded"?

It usually means an OS upgrade, e.g. FC2->FC3

Or do you mean the addition of extra packages, e.g. gnome, to an
existing system installed without gnome support?

>  I have had the same case with FC2 & FC1. First
> I tried to install Gnome this way. But I couldnt. Then I upgraded from
> within Kde by autorunning the Cd.
> And it worked. Actually the packet management tool looks pretty nice.
>                      But whatabout the upgrade from cd option?? For
> anyone who has  installed FC 3 without the GUI, upgrading would be a
> task! Ya u can do it by installing the required rpms by the rpm
> command and configure for graphical boot by doing quiet a lot of
> configuration editing. But what about upgrading by booting from CD?
> All ur opinions and suggestions are welcome..

I have upgraded RH9->FC1->FC2->FC3 this way. What exactly are you trying
to do and what exact problem(s) are you having?

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>