Kernel 2.6.10-1.737 Sound Problem

My box also has sound issues. (FC3 fully yummed)

2.6.9.X while playing songs via xmms and receiving messages via Gaim.
Gaim event sounds cue and end up playing *after* I exit xmms. (can end
up being allot of sound events after chatting for )

NOW under 2.6.10-1.737 while playing songs via xmms at the end of each
song, cued sounds from Gaim are played. Xmms tries to play the next
song .. "Couldn't open audio" (because it's busy playing the cued Gaim
events) and displays an error to that effect.  After the cued sounds
from Gaim are done you can play more songs manually. Cycle repeats.

It's annoying to manually advance you play list after each song.