Re: GDM log ' Bad User' 36945 times!I had this symptom as a result of an overnight yum update.

I had this symptom as a result of an overnight yum update.

Even worse, local users couldn't log in.  GDM tried to start, but hung before
the login screen was displayed. Those same log messages were the only visible
sign of what was happening.

Unfortunately, it was a standalone working machine belonging to our senior
partner, so I didn't have time to investigate .. all I could do in the time I
had available before they got back and needed it was save the data/home
directories and re-install, then upgrade again from the yup archives. (which
I also managed to save, thank heavens.)

Tony

--
Tony Dietrich