Re: Openoffice Fedora core 3 spelling surgest problem

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 13:55 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Andrew Gray wrote:
> > Since installing Fedora Core 3 just after it's release and all the
> > subsequent released updates I am experiencing incredibly slow response
> > to right-clicking a incorrect spelling in OpenOffice writer. The system
> > hangs for approximately 3 minutes while going massively virtual then
> > finally returns the expected spelling suggestion. Subsequent spelling
> > checks in the same document work quickly but the virtual memory is not
> > released till OpenOffice is closed!!
> > What could be causing the problem with OpenOffice getting spelling
> > suggestion taking so long?
>
> Check out these posts for a possible workaround:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg04411.html
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg08266.html
>
> Paul.

Many Thanks

Having commented out all dictionaries and hyphenation but:-

DICT en GB en_GB
DICT en US en_US

HYPH en GB en_GB
HYPH en US en_US

from the /usr/lib/ooo-1.1/share/dict/ooo/dictionary.lst

soffice.bin only expands to 295MB instead of 715 MB when a spelling
suggestion is asked for.This amount while still large can be
accommodated by my system quickly and without delay.
--
Andrew Gray

I Think Fedora Core 3 is great