Unhappy 2.6.10 737 Kernel

Hi all,

This evening, I updates my IBM Thinkpad which also installed
kernel-2.6.10-1.737_FC3. After rebooting, it ran into a panic, I think
complaining about scsi0 (not in the system or in the boot log,
unfortunately). I have an Adaptec 1480 SCSI adaptor and a Belkin
FireWire adaptor in the PCMCIA slots of the machine. I took both of them
out and rebooted and still ran into the kernel panic.

It also complained about being unable to to assign key code 255 to 1802
and 1984 (or something like that, I do not recall the exact message).
This error showed up on the chui screen (/dev/tty1, CTRL-ALT-F1 after X
is up, first Multiscreen as SCO used to call this).

I'm back running kernel 2.6.9-1.724 and all is well, with both adaptors
back in their slots and the one attached Firewire drive humming happily.

Any idea about what happened? I don't think there is anything in any
archives yet, since this kernel just got released.

Best regards,
Chris

--
chris ruprecht - network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre