Re: Multiple FireWire drives under FC2

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:

Pete wrote:

The firewire adapters are four (4) Oxford 911's and the Drives are four (4) Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 200 GB drives, brand spanking new.

How are they cabled inside? Using a master/slave jumper on each drive? Or Cable Select using a Cable Select cable?

How are they seen by Linux? As SCSI drives or IDE drives? If SCSI, do they require any special support (like multiple LUN support) in order to see the slave drives?

They are cabled as master/slave, and I understand the issue is that multiple LUN support is currently broken is the latest kernals. The drives are seen as sbp2 drives. I understand the issue is the slave drive info overwrites the master drive info, so only one drive is seen.