My efforts at installing back up resources

It seems that one must not mention DVD in the subject field or it invokes the anger of spam filters???????
Thanks to all for your advice and guidance. I now have burned my first DVD succesfully and backed up some 4Gb. using ProDVD and xcdburner.
It has some funny quirks and error messages which I am trying to decipher and characterise. If I cannot sort it, I will be back for help.

When you've climbed the mountain, stop, take breath and admire the view of the next one that you have to climb.
Gerry