Re: system-config-packages Can Not Find Installed Packages

Schlaegel said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>
>> All the packages you have listed are newer than S-C-P expects. This is
>> a known issue with S-C-P.
>
> So, once a system is brought up to date s-c-p no longer works. This
> seems like a major problem.

Not really, that is what yum and up2date are for.  There is work going
into s-c-p to make it able to use yum/up2date repos, though.

>> Use yum or up2date to install additional packages.
>>

> I am a lowly dialup user (rural area), so yum and up2date would take far
> too long. Is there another way to install the package groups from the CD
> without hand picking the 52 packages I need installed?

If you have the disc space set up a local yum repo of the packages from
the CDs.  I wouldn't doubt that some of them will require newer versions
of other packages, though, so you probably won't be able to completely do
it from the original files, but it would speed up the process.

--
William Hooper