Re: vsftpd settnigs

Am Mo, den 10.01.2005 schrieb Ashley M. Kirchner um 17:23:

>     I come from a world where we only ran wu-ftpd for the longest time I
> can remember.  Having just installed FC3 on a new server, I'd like to
> stick with what it comes with, in this case vsftpd.  There are two
> things I'm missing and I'm wondering if anyone has found a setting or
> other way of making it work:
>
>     passwd-check  rfc822  enforce
>        - this option in wu-ftpd forces someone to use a correct e-mail
> construct as the password.  (I'm not looking for the e-mail to be valid,
> prevent people using IE to log in, which if not configured will supply
> "IEuser@" as the password.)

http://vsftpd.beasts.org/vsftpd_conf.html

deny_email_enable
banned_email_file

>     path-filter  anonymous  /etc/pathmsg  ^[-A-Za-z0-9_\.]*$  ^\.  ^-
>        - in wu-ftpd I can set that regexp up to check each file and make
> sure they don't contain any weird characters, extra spaces, or other
> artifacts before getting uploaded.  This is a must for us.

deny_file

>     Anyone have any idea how to get this functionality in vsftpd?

As an alternate to vsftpd I can recommend proftpd (i.e.
heidelberg.freshrpms.net has it RPM packaged).

>   Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:39:07 up 18 days, 19:23, load average: 0.72, 0.55, 0.49