Re: FC3 lost my wireless network device

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:47:16 +1000, Robert Hart <hartr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm stumped. I use an internal Intel wlan2100 wireles network card in my
> Toshiba laptop. To use WEP, this requires I use the Linuxant
> driverloader. I recently upgraded to FC3 - and the wireless network was
> fine (once I downloaded the stk16 kernel). Unfortunately, I was having a
> problem with Jpilot and my Palm Pilot, so I downloaded the latest kernel
> etc from Linuxant and the wireless network stopped working - FC3 keeps
> telling me that it cannot find the hardware!
>
> The strange thing is that the network tool seems to know it's there,
> sort of. It appears in the list of interfaces as 'ipw2100' of type
> 'ethernet' rather than wireless, but reports 'ipw2100 device eth1 does
> not seem to be present, delaying installation.'
>
> Anyone got any ideas????
>
> --

-- the latest kernel probably hosed your network settings and possibly
the drivers in the latest kernel may not be as up to date as the ones
you were using.  what kewrnel version are you using?   what and where
did you get the drivers from?

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft
Registered Linux User: #376813