Re: netgear wireless

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:47 -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

Theres a source rpm. you install that, go into /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

I could be wrong but I do not think that they have a FC2/3 (2.6.x) rpm.
Furthermore, MadWifi has ONLY released CVS code which changes and
improves frequently. This is really something that should be installed
from source which can then be applied to any kernel installation without
waiting for someone to compile it. The CVS compiles with a simple
make;make install. Of course, this method requires kernel source which
seems to be a challenge for many people.

Actually, I'm using kernel 2.6.9, and source is not required. Apparently all required headers are installed as part of the binary kernel distribution. All I had to do was download, make, make install. And I definitely do not have the kernel source installed from any RPM or from kernel.org.