Re: how do I copy from server to server

Brian McDonald wrote:
Is there a way to copy server to server using command line ftp or something
like it?
I am moving servers and I need to copy the entire html directory about 500
megs.
I really don't want to have to ftp down to my pc and ftp back up to the new
server.

server1 =======

cd /dir/of/html
tar cvfz backup.tgz *
ftp <server2>
login
pass
put backup.tgz
quit

server2 =======

cd /to/where/you/uploaded/the/file
mv backup.tgz /dir/of/html/folder
tar xvfz backup.tgz

done.

Of course, if both servers were on the same LAN, you could use NFS and mount the two and then just mv the file right into the proper dir, but its your choice. The above is just using standard FTP.