Re: selecting default session with gdm

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:21:28 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic
<amilivojevic@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Terry Polzin wrote:
> > vi /etc/sysconfig/desktop
>
> I've attempted to play with that last night.  Hasn't worked.  Tried to
> do "DESKTOP=XFCE", and "DESKTOP=XFCE4" (and variations with lower case),
> no luck, I'd always get GNOME session when logging in.  I haven't
> attempted to use switchdesk, since I want this to be for all users (not
> only currently logged in user).  I've also found gdmconfig utility, but
> there wasn't anything about setting default session in it either.

Sorry this took a while.  I don't have internet access while mountaineering.

Hmm, I don't have XFCE  myself.  I used to use it, but switched back
to gnome, and I was the only person who ever experimented with it, so
I stuck to switchdesk.  Switchdesk is going to alter a file in your
user's home directory.  Perhaps it uses the same layout as the desktop
file...I don't know.

I would try this.  Switch your user to XFCE and check ~.Xclients or
.Xclients-default

I noticed in the man page for switchdesk Red Hat spells XFCE as
XFce4....did you try that spelling?

Just a couple of ideas.  I'm stumped here.

--andy