Re: Migrating from Evolution to Thunderbird: Address book Transfer?

Chris Ruprecht wrote:

But I'm having a hard time to get the addresses to move over. I have
tried exporting out of Evolution - which creates a nicely formatted
VCard file that Thunderbird has no way of reading.

Thunderbird can read VCards, but it can't seem to import them. Usually you pick them up off of mail messages. (I don't usually use them, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy.)

Try attactching the VCards to an e-mail message sent to yourself, and then read that message with Thunderbird. Each VCard should show up with an option to "Add to Address Book". Click it, and you should be on your way.

I wouldn't try mixing LDIF files between Evolution and Thunderbird. I tried that once, it was not pretty.

Good luck,
Rich

--
From the Notebook of Rich Renomeron
No trees died for this e-mail, but many electrons were inconvenienced.