Re: Evolution POP - deleting messages when emptying trash.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:19:13 +0100, A. Lanza <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El vie, 12-11-2004 a las 17:23, Ken Shaffer escribió:
> > I am trying to use evolution, but I have POP mail only from several sources.
> > I need to read mail from many machines, so I leave mail on server with
> > outlook and
> > set "delete when removed from deleted items".   I can leave mail on server
> > with evolution 1.4 or 2.x.  But how can I ever delete messages after I trash
> > them.  I have seen a few references to this issue as being "discussed and
> > dead".  But, I can't find any more info.
>
> I do have the same issue. I read mail in two different computers, so i
> have to leave messages in my mail server. But i would like to delete
> them after a 10 day period, or so. I've been surprised that Evolution
> does not have an option for this.
>
> Does anyone know how can i manage this? And, what's the reason, if any,
> for Evolution not having this option to remove messages from server
> after a given period of time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alf
>
> --

Just a thought,  is this a e-mail account from an ISP ?   i use
evolution with my ISP which uses pop mail. i also have it enabled to
leave messages on the server.   if possible can you log into your mail
via web based to your ISP's mail ?  ex.  i haver a RR connection and
they offer a webmail at their site.  see if there are a settings you
can adjust or ask your ISP how often they delete mail on their servers
if they do. Also you could contact the authors of evolution and ask
them if there is plans to have this feature or if it is availble.

--
Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft

jim lawrence