Re: Postfix/Dovecot/Procmail/Maildir

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 11:33:25PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> I'd probably do that on a new setup with no existing users, but there
> is no real advantage to maildir except for imap users and it will break
> any existing programs that expect to manipulate traditional mbox format
> directly.

No real advantage? How about: "You're able to actually tell where a message
stops and the next one begins without hoping someone has mangled the body
of the message?"

It's also handy if you want to have, say, multiple copies of a mail client
open at once and you prefer not to corrupt your mailbox.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>