Re: Kernel Sources

Chadley Wilson kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 4.
tammikuuta 2005 17:41):
>  4. In resulting tree, the configurations for the specific
> kernels shipped in Fedora Core 3 are in the /configs/
> directory. For example, the i686 SMP configuration file is
> named /configs/kernel-<version>-i686-smp.config. Issue the
> following command to place the desired configuration file in
> the proper place for building:
>
>             cp <desired-file> ./.config
>

> What has me stuck is I don't have a ./.config directory,

Good, you shouldn't have one. The command in step 4 will copy
<desired-file> as the file .config in the current directory
(./.config)

> and second <desired file> : what is my
> desired file?

How could we know your desires? You have to make that choice by
yourself.

> is it the new directory located in
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/ or something else.

No, it's one of the configuration files (not directories) in the
configs directory, just as the instructions say.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka@xxxxxx