Re: Migrating ftom RH9 to Fedora

Untrusted wrote:

Hi everybody

I'm planning a migration from RH9 to fedora core. Can I do it without risks for my data? I mean, can I install FC over RH not loosing my data and without re-installing all the program I'm using?

Hi,

I just did one of these RH9 -> FC3 upgrades a week ago. It worked pretty well. It messed up my bind config files and there were some other fiddling things I had to fix manually, but it came out pretty well. Get ready to apply a *huge* pile of updates to the FC3 after the upgrade. That part took *much* longer than the upgrade itself, even over a 512kbit connection.

-Steve
begin:vcard
fn:Steve Bergman
n:Bergman;Steve