Re: lexmark z25 printer in FC3

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 17:57, Robin Laing wrote:
> adel.essafi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > hi list
> > I have downloaded this driver for z25 lexmark printer (tested in rh9)
> > http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:337:0:0&o
> >s_g roup=Redhat&target=
> > when I wanted to install it on my FC3 I got this
> >
> > [adel@localhost ~]$ cd Desktop/lexmark/
> > [adel@localhost lexmark]$ ls
> > CJLZ35LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz  COPYING  README  z35cups-1.0-1.gz.sh
> > [adel@localhost lexmark]$ sh z35cups-1.0-1.gz.sh
> > Verifying archive integrity...OK
> > Uncompressing Lexmark Printer Drivertrap: usage: trap [-lp] [arg
> > signal_spec ...]
> > [adel@localhost lexmark]$ sh z35cups-1.0-1.gz.sh
> > Verifying archive integrity...OK
> > Uncompressing Lexmark Printer Drivertrap: usage: trap [-lp] [arg
> > signal_spec ...]
> > [adel@localhost lexmark]$
> >

> > Who hasan idea about this error
> > please help
> > tx

> > http://mail2web.com/ .
>
> I hate to say that I fixed my Lexmark issues by purchasing an Epson.
> I had many problems with the Lexmark driver and with their stupid ink
> cartridges.  I didn't print enough and the cartridges would just quit
> working and no amount of cleaning would ever get them to work. :(
>
> The Epson printer turned out to cost less than the Lexmark cartridges.  :)
>
> I do know that there is an issue with Lexmark doing spyware/data
> gathering with their Windows drivers.
>
> http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/protectingid/0,3800002220,39
>125876,00.htm http://www.engadget.com/entry/3508496627337139/
> http://channels.lockergnome.com/windows/archives/20041111_if_you_have_a_lex
>mark_printer_you_may_also_have_lexmark_spyware.phtml
> http://www.techimo.com/newsapp/i12411.html
> http://www.2-spyware.com/entry-lexmark-printer-port-scanner.html
>
> I am not the only person that had problems with their Lexmark printer.
>
> Have you looked at just using Cups?
>
> --
> Robin Laing
Sorry to say but our company (we build computer by the 1000) switch from
lexmark to HP as lexmark messed us around with price as soon as they caught
wind that we were selling them as cheepees with linux systems.
I did manage to get most of them working as I said before.

But lexmark is a printer that is seriously heavy on ink and everytime there is
a new one there is a new printing language to go with it. Much like the
canons.
OH and both companies can't see the light and refuse bluntly to assist or give
info about there printer so that we can get our own drivers developed.

My 2c ;-)

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician