Drivers after kernel update?

Hello there,

I was wondering if there will be any notification after kernel update if
there are (new) drivers for hardware that is installed on my notebook.
Till now there is for example nothing for 'Mobility Radeon 9700' and it
can happen that a driver comes with the newest kernel version? Or am I
wrong? How can I see whether my hardware is supported with the newest
kernel?

--
Maciek R. <m.mail@xxxxx>