Re: FC3 question

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 01:54:29PM +0100, Gunther Thoenes wrote:

> > hallo,
> > after the last update glibc-2.3.4-2.fc3.i686 packets with apt-get the
> > syslogd no longer starts.
> > "/sbin/fixfiles restore" resolved this, but now a user can't browse the
> > internet with firefox or mozilla.
> I forgot to describe: the browser closed after any URL is given.
> > What is done?
> >
> > advice me please.

Tell us what you have in the file: /etc/sysconfig/selinux

  $ cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux

You might also look for 'avc' tagged log messages in
/var/log/messages.

If you have "SELINUX=enforcing" in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
and you change it to "SELINUX=permissive", reboot and find
that things are fixed you have security labels that are
incorrect for one of many reasons.

Permissive will let you see the 'access violation context' messages
(I do not know for sure what avc stands for -- but the above is close).

What I suspect is that "/sbin/fixfiles restore" set things in a
strange state that is dynamic (could go away) or wrong on the
filesystem.

Do install the latest policy I see (rpm -qa| grep selinux):
  selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.62

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.