Re: Mobo Compatability

Felix Miata wrote:

Ric Tibbetts wrote:

So, if those two boards are bad, which is now the prefered mobos?
I had always thought that ASUS, and Soyo were some of the best. So now
I'm stuck.
I'm open to recomendations!

Last two I bought were Abit & Gigabyte with Intel chipsets. I'd probably try to buy something besides Abit next time, because they've ignored my defective BIOS reports, don't fix the BIOS problem I reported, and issue new BIOS without the fixes that require windoze to unarchive first in order to flash. Windoze BIOS archiving is probably good enough reason to look for another board manufacturer in any event.

I like Tyan, but they rarely seem to have the feature set I want when
I'm shopping. I've heard good things about Epox, but never bought one
yet.

I've also heard good things about Epox, but I had overlooked them this time. Thanks for the memory-jog.
How is the SATA RAID compatability?
It's not a priorety, but I'll use it if it works. It would just be nice to know ahead of time, so I don't needlessly order the SATA drives.

Thanks again!

-ric