Re: SSHD gone after C2 to C3 upgrade

Brian McDonald wrote:

Wayne thanks got all the openssh installed but when I do the
/etc/init.d/sshd start

I get file not found. how do I get the sshd init files back.

Brian

as root issue these commands:

service sshd start
"This will start the sshd service for you."

chkconfig sshd --level 35 on
"This will make sure that the sshd service starts in runlevel 3 and each
time you boot."

--
Wayne Leutwyler - CNA, RHCT
http://linux.is-a-geek.net

Wayne your a great help. Shh is now running but now when I try and log in
through ssh it will not accept my password.
I know the password works as I can log in from the console. Just SSH is

not

accpeting the password.

Brian

Is this the same client you were using when you connected to you FC2
machine? If this is the case I would suggest you delete your
~/.ssh/known_hosts file. Then try and connect to the FC3 machine. Also
check your log files like Scot said. Files I would look at are:

/var/log/secure
/var/log/messages

Let us know how it turns out.

--
Wayne Leutwyler - CNA, RHCT
http://linux.is-a-geek.net

I don't see any directories /.ssh/
The only thing in the /var/log/secure is "Password failure for root"
There is nothing about the failure in /var/log/messages

Should I be looking at the sshd.config or the ssh.config
does anyone have an example of the default config files.

Brian