Re: Customizing your desk.

On Monday 03 January 2005 19:28, Maciek R. wrote:
> Hello out there,
>
> I have three questions concerning GNOME and KDE:
>
> 1. I changed all fonts in KDE's 'Configuration Center' but fonts in
> 'Evolution Email' or 'Mozilla' or other programs still use the old
> fonts. In Gnome everything works fine. Is there any config file to
> change in order to get this top work?
evolution and mozilla (specifically) use gtk not qt and will not obey your KDE
settings - you would need to use the gnome tools for this I believe.
Alternatively you may have to change some programs' font settings manually
through the program itself - there will often be a 'Preferences' or
'Settings' option in one of the menus
> 2. How can I change Icons for Applications that appear as Icons in
> 'Applications' menu on my panel? Because there are disabled and I cannot
> click on the 'icon change button'.

> 3. How can I change the splash screen of fedora (are there config
> files?)? I mean the screen where you can type in your user name and
> password. I wanted to change fonts and background ;-)
gdmsetup

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX