Re: FC3-i386-disc2.iso

> ltm893@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Group
> >
> > I am having trouble downloading a valid disc 2 ISO image. When I use the
> > media check that comes with the install package, it returns a FAIL. I am
> > able to download disk images 1,3, and 4 that pass that PASS the media
> > check utility. I have tried downloading the image from the redhat site
> > and mirrors; I have also tried burning the image with 2 separate burners
> > and burning software.
> >
> > When I run md5sum on FC3-i386-disc2.iso I get
> > 2c11674cf429fe570445afd9d5ff564e which is different than that listed on
> > the web page.
> >
> > Any Ideas ?
The MD5 you posted is correct! What web page do you refer to? You likely
have crappy CD-Rs. Try burning them at say 1x speed. Then, in your
burning app, verify the burned CD-R. If this fails, get another brand
CD-R.
When doing the mediacheck of the burned CD-R, do you do this on the
recorder where you burned the CD? If not, there's an issue of
compatibility between the 2 devices (I've seen this before). This is
usually resolved by burning slow.
If you do the media check on the same burner device and the previous
verify with the burning app passed, then there might be a real issue
which needs a closer look...

HaJo

PS: Andrea, please avoid top-posting on this list -- I believe you've
been around here long enough to know why...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt