Re: FC3-i386-disc2.iso

>Group
>
>I am having trouble downloading a valid disc 2 ISO image. When I use the >media check that comes with the install package, it returns a FAIL. I am able >to download disk images 1,3, and 4 that pass that PASS the media check >utility. I have tried downloading the image from the redhat site and mirrors; I >have also tried burning the image with 2 separate burners and burning >software.

Have you tried using a Torrent program like Azureus?  I suggest this because it maximizes use of bandwidth and file checks are done while the file downloads.

>When I run md5sum on FC3-i386-disc2.iso I get >2c11674cf429fe570445afd9d5ff564e which is different than that listed on the web >page.

Either the file has been modified (hacked) or did not download correctly.

>Any Ideas ?

Use a Torrent client.  For very large downloads I tend to use it.

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!