Re: My Doom Worm

James McKenzie wrote:
sly wrote:

Philip Moller wrote:

I have also got a nasty worm (Worm.Mydoom.M:)   from
*landsking@xxxxxxxxxxx

how did you find it? i don't know much about worms and linux!

MyDoom is a Windows worm that has its own SMTP engine. You can find more information at www.symantec.com. Look for the SARC links or you should be able to search for the term.\

Fortunately, your Linux system is not susceptible to this worm, but you could inadvertently send this worm onto your friends (well sort of) running WindowsXX. This is why we as Linux users should have a virus checker on our systems. I use the one that is provided by my ISP, Earthlink. They use a email scanner provided by Symantec. Unfortunately, certain messages are not automatically deleted but placed in quarrentine.

Also, on the Windows side of my system, I run AVG Free 7.0 with the e-mail scanner and Zone Alarm's ZoneAlarm Firewall. This stops most baddies (no system can stop a really determined person wanting to get to your data.)

James McKenzie

thank you for the advices!

--

sly