Re: Your e-mail message has been rejected ???

On Sunday 02 Jan 2005 20:38, Dark Shadows wrote:
> I USE LINUX... WHY DO I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT VIRUSES ????

Well, lets see.....

your IP is 66.126.39.162.  Now if you can't work out how I got that, you don't
know enough to be sending emails like that.

I'd assume that you have no chkrootkit, no firewall, no antivirus and no way
of detecting any worms.  Sending an email like that is like inviting the
sharks in.

There may (so far) be no 'wild' Linux virii, but there are plenty of exploits
and vulnerabilities still in Linux.  And there HAVE been wild Linux worms.

If we want to keep Linux safe, we all need to do our bit to keep the doors
shut from the script-kiddies.  All it needs is 50% or more of Linux users
never updating their systems and we'll start hearing the sort of headlines
for Linux that MS has had over the last few years.

Remember, Linux IS more secure than MS, but if sufficient users get
complacent, then you bet they'll be the first to scream when someone finds an
exploit they should have closed with the last update.
--
Tony Dietrich