Re: hostname in fc (SOLVED)

The file that gets written is when you follow the procedure below is

/etc/dhclient-ethX.conf

with the following information:

send host-name "myfcserver"; # or whatever is the name of your server.

So, it is a different file that you need than the one in the network-scripts directory.

HTH (for doing this by hand)
Partha

Partha Bagchi wrote:

There was a question about hostname in FC, namely that the router did not show the name of the linux machine on the router DHCP table. In my setup (FC3, linksys router), I made the following change: Go to

  System Settings -> network

and then select your interface. I have wired and wireless. I picked the wireless and selected edit. I then changed the DHCP hostname to my computer name and saved. I restarted the network and voila - The name was visible in the router DHCP table.

HTH,
Partha