Re: New monitor and I am getting no display (GUI)

Appeet wrote:

> I had installed fedora fc3 on my desktop. Everything was working fine
> until I connected a "New MONITOR".

Just a guess, but you need to edit your xorg.conf to reflect appropriate
resolutions and refresh rates for your new monitor.  Look in the "Monitor"
section to change refresh rates and "Screen" section to change resolutions.

I know the nvidia driver will try to probe your monitor or something and
won't allow certain resolutions based on the probing.  You can turn off
this restriction by putting Option "IgnoreEDID" "1" in your Screen section.