failed to map segment from shared object: ERROR / restorecon

Wonder if others have seen this error, and missed it, since it only
shows if you use the alt-d to watch the detailed boot process. Also, if
anyone knows why the error occurs.

I was just doing an FC3 update on my Computer Lab systems, and
on reboot I was getting a number of failed to map segment from
shared object: Permission Denied

This was a synaptic update, and was the first I've done in a couple
weeks, since the lab was closed while they were installing new
storm windows.

I did a search, and found a link that mentioned to use restorecon to
fix this problem. I noted the ones that I saw in the boot up while
watching the details, but additionally had to do it for libnss_files-
2.3.4.so to get ntpd to work. Before that it would start, but then give
a message that it died.

Here is the little script that I made to get rid of the errors in the
detailed startup, and ntpd.

restorecon /lib/tls/libc-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/libnsl-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/libm-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/tls/libm-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/i686/libm-2.3.4.so
restorecon /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
restorecon /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3.2
restorecon /usr/lib/libk5crypto.so.3.0
restorecon /lib/libresolv-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/libdl-2.3.4.so
restorecon /lib/libnss_files-2.3.4.so

Some directories might be different, since I just did the same update
on a home machine that is only a K6-2, so some files were in
different locations.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  15,231
Processing time:  29 years, 294 days,  5 hours, 52 minutes
(Total Hours: 261,102)