Re: [help] [scsi] raidutils with Adaptec 2400A on FC3

Angelo,

I've got some bad news for you. I have 2 2400A cards, neither of which work with raidutils, it's because of the device assignment. Prior to kernel 2.6 the kernel used different drivers for the card (dpt), (raidutils didn't work then either, but that was something else) the new i2o device is in /dev/i2o/.... Raidutils is trying to open the old device assignment and thus fails. I don't realy understand why - the new utils on i2o site should be for the new i2o device drivers, I had no luck figuring this out, or with the developers of i2o. I notice a new Fedora page on the site - that doesn't really help much! I don't think this is specific to Fedora, but I assume someone somewhere has it working!

Let me know if you find an answer.

The Raid Apps on the Adaptec boot disk are good - on Linux too, but this doesn't help a live environment that you don't want to shutdown and boot from that disk.

Neil.

Angelo Piraino wrote:

I'm having troubles with an Adaptec 2400A ATA Raid controller on FC3.
Everythings worked fine during installation.
I also installed raidutils-0.0.4 from i2o.shadowconnect, but when I try
to use the command raidutil this is the result:

[root@omissis ~]# raidutil -L
osdIOrequest : File /dev/dpti17 Could Not Be OpenedEngine connect failed: COMPATIBILITY number

Can anybody help me? Thanks

Angelo Piraino

Linux FC3 on PIII 450MHz - chipset Intel P2BF - 256Mb Ram - Ata Raid Adaptec 2400A