Re: X terminating suddenly without warning

Chris Ruprecht wrote:
Hi all and a Happy New Year!

OS:		FC3 (updated to current)
Graphics:	ATI Radeon Mobility

X11 terminates from time to time (mostly at the least convenient moment,
of course) without any warnings. One minute, I'm happily working, the
next, the mouse freezes, then, a few seconds later, I get the Graphical
login screen.

I checked my X logs but they do not contain keywords like 'fatal' or
'error'.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Chris

Try this link. It might give you a kernel that does not crash out on you. For the entire message and thread, check the Fedora-test-list for "New Year, New Test Kernel" thread. I have experienced similar errors with the mouse not responding and having to kill X also with Radeon graphics card. I have not rebooted into the new test kernel yet to see if it works better. I am getting ready to try it out though.

Jim

Link to kernels for FC3, soon to be in the repositories.

http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/

--
Many people write memos to tell you they have nothing to say.