Re: host name in fc

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Sa, den 01.01.2005 schrieb Danesh Daroui um 21:54:

How can I define computer name for my system in fc3 ? I have defined already by using
> hostname mysystemname

This does not store it.

but when I look into my routers clients list still there is empty for my Linux system, however there are my windows computer names in router clients list.

system-config-network

If you want to access the Fedora machine from Windows, then you
certainly want to setup Samba.

Danesh Daroui

Alexander

I did change host name in system-config-network, but it is not still in routers clients list and host name for my fedora machine is still blank, is it important at all ?
Yeah, samba is installed in my LAN.

Thanks,

Danesh Daroui