Re: Problem booting Fedora Core 3

ksmj wrote:
Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has come across problem similar to this and know how to fix it.

When i boot up my system, it says

Uncompressing linux ...... ok, booting the kernel audit (1104535970:0): initialized Red Hat Nash version 4.1.18 starting insmod: error inserting '/lib/BusLogic.ko': -1 No ERROR: /lib/insmod exited abnormally! INIT: version 2.85 booting . . . . Initializing hardware ... storage network audio done [ok] Configuring hernel parameters

and it just stops there without doing anything.

can someone please help?

thanks

This happened to me when the NVidia driver was not compiled for that kernel. To fix it I edited the grub kernel line and removed the 'rhgb' option, and added a 3 to boot into runlevel 3.

I then recompiled the NVidia driver and rebooted, and all was well.

If this doesn't apply to you, then sorry I can't help you.

Cheers,
AndyW