Re: FC3 Supported USB webcam

--- Jim <lawrence.jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:43:13 -0800, Kshitij Velhal
> <kvelhal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am planning to buy a new USB webcam.
> > Which are the webcams that are fully spported
> (proper drivers and
> > corresponding applications) by Fedora core 3?
> >
> > BTW, where can I get list of hardware
> compatible/supported for FC3?
> >
> > Thanks
> > -Kshitij

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/other.html#AEN1

Be careful of this list.  Many of the entries are for
older versions of Linux, and are not applicable for
Fedora Core 3.  Also, due to setup problems, some of
the compatible entries may actually not work.

Two examples are the Matrox Millenium II video card
(crashes frequently and crashes on logout), and the
Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 PRO video card (not compatible
with Kudzu setup tool, but can be setup by hand
editing the xorg.conf file and bootstrapping with
another video card, like a Matrox Millennium II).

The most authoritative answer would be from someone
who has actually gotten the hardware working with
Fedora Core 3, not a potentially stale link.