Re: Accessing hosted domains inside a LAN

>On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 02:11:46AM -0700, Fedora mailing list wrote:
>> I have a FC3 machine using Apache to virtual-host several domains, all
>> of which works fine from any machine other than those on the same LAN
>> as the webserver. Entering?the URL of any of the hosted domains on a
>> browser on the LAN produces the standard page-not-found error screen.
>> My question is - does anyone know how to enable LAN machines to browse
>> these domains normally?
>
>Are you using named-based virtual hosts?

Yes I have set up named-based virtual hosts in the Apache config file.

>If so, you should set up a
>split DNS in Bind 9 where internal hosts are given the internal IP
>addresses of the servers, and external hosts are given the external
>addresses.

Linux-webhost-semi-newbie: Could you explain how/where to do that please?

>My guess is that your internal hosts are trying to go out
>your firewall and back in again.

That's what I was thinking - outside the router both the client and server will have the same IP address thereby confusing the router as to where the server packets should go(?)