udev zip drive and sound card

I'm running Fedora core 3 speakup 2nd release and haven't been able to figure out how to access either my sound card or parallel port 250MB zip drive. If possible with udev, I'd like to have the access rules on the zip drive set so if the computer goes out onto the internet access to the zip drive also closes down completely. When the computer is not out on the internet, then access should be open to root and other users. The sound card needs to be accessible on and off the internet so listening to streaming media remains possible. Any ideas on how to accomplish this will be tried out and if those work will be summarized here for future use of the list. By access closing down to the zip drive when going out onto the internet, I'd like to have access already closed off before a connection is made. I can write shell scripts if necessary as wrappers, but ifconfig changing port status is already very restricted by default on these systems.