Re: FC2 to FC3 and no cdrom

Dave Stevens wrote:
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:21:58 -0800
From: Rick Stevens <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FC2 to FC3 and no cdrom
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dave Stevens wrote:

no subdirectories in /media. however I manually mounted it in /mnt at /mnt/cdrom. I have now unmounted it, ejected the disc, reloaded the disc and have no cd mounted at either /media or /mnt/cdrom

Double check your preferences for removable media.  If you're using
Gnome, "Fedora Icon->Preferences->Removable Storage" and verify you
have the "Mount removable media when inserted" box checked.  I don't
use KDE, so I'm not sure where that's located there.

well, one problem is that there is no "removable storage" item in the preferences menu. Ideas?

Dave

HI Dave,

You have to be running Gnome to be able to see that item in the menu.

Mark