Domain Forwarding?

Hi group,

I'm using FC3 as a Web and Samba server, but may be off topic.

I have a domain parked at a registry (discountdomainregistry.com). I am forwarding all traffic to my static ip where it passes through a firewall forwarding a select group of ports to my webserver. Over the past several weeks I have had problems with my domain disappearing. When typing in the address in a browser, it errors with not available. Can't be, the server is up and aok. If I type in the static ip address the site pops right up. I also get no response when I ping the domain name. No problem with pinging the static ip. It's obvious the problem lies with where it is parked.

There are a 1001 places to park a domain. Since your a savy group, I'm looking for some suggestions from you as to who you have/are using. A place I can count on. I simply want to park and forward the domain. I also need/want to have email aliases which I can forward. Or perhaps there's an alternative. I'm very much at the lower end of the experienced scale with linux, webserver, dns issues, and the like. I come from a long hardware background from the windows side.

While I'm on this topic of forwarding. Can someone tell my why when I forward with "masking" I can't get to a sub folder unless I go the home site, and link to a page in a sub folder? i.e. www.mydomainname.com/epages/index.html simply takes me to www.mydomainname.com/index.html

thanks

tonydm