Re: Dynamic and Static DNS

1. Install VNC server on the Windows machines will enable GUI access
from a Linux client
2. Dynamic and Static DNS really refer to how the DNS server does it's
zone record updates, and a DNS server must have a static IP. A Dynamic
DNS server allows DHCP clients (or the DHCP server) to update its zone
records. A Static DNS server has to be updated manually, i.e you edit
the zone files in one form or another.
To understand it, just use common sense, if you have a DHCP client, a
static DNS record will break if you want to resolve it's IP using DNS,
then you must use DDNS and set the DNS server to allow record update
either from the client itself or the DHCP server which issues the IP
to the client.

Yang