Re: MP3 playing problems (again)

Jeff Vian wrote:

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 00:58 -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Antonio Olivares wrote:

snipped

This is the version I have:
>rpm -q xmms-mp3
xmms-mp3-1.2.10-10.0.3.kde

I don't recall exactly where did I get it from, but my guess is some of the KDE repos. However, xmms seems to work: I can even see the graphical equalizer thingies jumping up and down on the display, but no sound at all.

It sounds like you have the mp3 drivers OK, but a problem maybe with the mp3 files.

You did not say, but do other mp3 files play properly? Does this happen
with ALL mp3 files?

Yep. Happens to all of them. Note that some programs do play them, although with problems, while others (xine) don't play them at all.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University